Monday, February 7, 2011

Birthday/Touchdown Treats

Yesterday was my husband's birthday as well, as we all know, Superbowl 5800, or something.

I wanted to make some tasty treats for the events. I decided on spicy baked chicken and spicy deviled eggs (do you see a theme here?) I promise, I'll try to deviate from the spice... someday :D

Before I tell you about the tasty recipes, I have to introduce you to my new obsession:

If you have not met this beauty, it's Frank's Red Hot sauce, and it's AWESOME!

I like spicy stuff, I will admit, and it's my husband's fault. I have tried all types of spice, but now I know that Cayenne is the winner. I seriously want to put this on EVERYTHING!

With that being said, this delicious find was the centerpiece to my chicken. Vons was completely out of wings (really, the day OF Superbowl??) so I opted for legs. I baked these for what seemed like forever, as they smelled like heaven, and finally they were done. They were juicy and delicious. I will admit though, next time I will add more Frank's :D

The Pièce de résistance:


Doesn't that look tasty? I thought so. If you want juicy and spicy/sweet chicken, try this tasty dish.

Moving on to more protein. I haven't had a lot of eggs lately, especially some delicious deviled ones, so I decided to make some for the party. I couldn't imagine making some everyday ordinary eggs, so I spiced them up, and can I say they were super delicious?!?!?!?! Don't take my word for it, listen to these testimonials:

...well, I guess I don't have written testimonials, but I promise you there were some. Take a look at the small image of deliciousness and decide for yourself:

Yum, right? I don't have the best picture, but you get the idea!

In the end all was a success. The cheese team won (I love cheese) and the day was a success.

:)

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/sweet-and-spicy-chicken-wings/
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/sunnys-deviled-eggs-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment