Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lemonade

I have always loved lemons, even as a child. My mom would give me slices as a young girl and I would eat them, and of course display the usual funny face.

I can also remember spending summers picking large lemons from my Aunt's lemon tree, cutting them in half and eating them with salt. Delicious!

Anyway, I decided to make lemonade!!

I found a good deal on some organic lemons and and a new product I have been hearing a lot about, agave nectar.



Agave is a bit like honey, but a little less sweet and not as thick.

I dug out this old juicer that my Mom had from what seems to be sometime in the 70's, and started juicing.


A bagful of lemons later, some sweetener and I was in business. It was perfectly tart and sweet.


Doesn't that look refreshing???


2 cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice
7 TB of agave nectar
8 cups water

No comments:

Post a Comment