Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm back!

I know, I know, it's been a while since I have posted.

I can come up with all the reasons, but they are not necessary, here I am now. I have added all of the things I have been cooking. So, if you want to catch up, read below :)

Last weekend I did my normal grocery shopping at Trader Joes and was left without fennel when I finished my shopping.

I remembered that I could stop by the fruit/veggie stand on the way home. I am so lucky that I have a farm I can partake in just a few miles from home.

I get very excited when I go to the farm. I never know what exciting fresh finds they will have. Unfortunately when I arrived they were out of fennel. I asked one of the very nice women that worked there, and she just asked me ""would you like to go out in the field to pick it??""

Now, I have wanted to spend a day in the fields picking whatever goodies I want, but I just haven't made the time to do it. This day I got to go out and pick my own fennel!

It was windy, and I almost fell a few times walking along it, but it was so much fun! In the end I picked 2 beautiful bulbs. Here is a little picture I took:



Also while I was there I picked up some fresh Rosemary. That night I made Rosemary chicken and potatoes. I threw in some mushrooms to bake as well. Very delicious!



I really want to go back soon and get more. I'm really excited about the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment