Sunday, January 30, 2011

The art of baking

Ah, baking. This was my worst fear. I can remember being younger and trying to make cookies from scratch. For some reason they were always too dense. This made me as scared to bake as looking to the sky and seeing a flying bomb!

Just recently I decided to try again. My first attempt would be peanut butter and jelly cupcakes.

I know what you are thinking... isn't PB&J reserved for 10 year old lunch boxes? I thought the same thing, but NO, these were just too delicious.

I mixed together the dry ingredients. I mixed together the wet ingredients. I mixed the two together and prayed.

At first the batter looked a bit dense, which in turn brought fear into my heart. Would this be another cookie nightmare??

I braved through my fear and popped them in the oven. What emerged not only were fluffy delicious cupcakes, but my faith in baking as well.

These were cooled, filled with strawberry jelly goodness and topped with the tastiest frosting I have ever had. This would be the peanut butter and cream cheese frosting I slopped on top of these babies.

In the end I had made something that tasted like a PB&J on crack (the good kind!)

Enjoy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/peanut-butter-and-jelly-cupcakes-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment