Sunday, January 30, 2011

Holy Chili!

I am going to admit something to everyone right now...I am in love with my slow cooker. I can't begin to tell you all the successful recipes I have conquered (and one failure) with this little gem.

One of my favorite things to make in the crock pot is chili. There's nothing easier than throwing some ground turkey, beans, tomatoes and spices in, going to work and having a delicious meal when I return home.

I made chili tonight, but this chili wasn't something I was used to. I have never made chili without beans, but tonight I did, and there were confused moments. Chili with no beans???

The only change I made was the chile I used. The recipe called for a jalapeƱo, but all I had was a Serrano. This made for some SPICY chili. My husband loved it!

In addition, you can't have chili without cornbread. Cornbread was made, and it too was delicious. With the addition of green olives, cheese and buttermilk; it's not your normal bread.

All in all the dinner was a success, see:



http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/no-bean-beef-chili-recipe/index.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/scallion-and-mozzarella-cornbread-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment