Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fun with leftovers

I had a roast, and I didn't know what to do with it. I decided to throw it in the Crockpot with the stems of a bunch of cilantro, a sliced up onion, some garlic and chili powder. I let it cook all day.

When I got home I had tender meat to make tacos. I added the meat to salsa I made out of the cilantro leaves, some tomatoes and lemon juice. I also topped it off with some spiced up sour cream. Pretty tasty for last minute thinking!


Now, I know this post's title is "fun with leftovers", and those are not. I had some meat left over so I wanted to make something the next night.

Instead of making the tacos all over again, I wanted to do something a bit different. I had some yummy butter lettuce so I used that as the base. I added the meat, a couple slices of fresh fennel, some asparagus I grilled up and cheese. It really was a good idea. I also paired it with some pink lemonade I made and put it in this awesome cup my husband got from his sister.


Try this out if you are looking for a great meal to make with an inexpensive cut of meat. The Crockpot really makes the meat tender, and the flavor came out very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment