Sunday, March 20, 2011

Norwegian Meat Balls

My brother, sister-in-law and nephew came for a visit yesterday, and we had the best time.

I wanted to make something for dinner, and my brother suggested Norwegian Meat Balls.

Our family is from Norway, and my brother is very much into our history. It was no surprise that he suggested this.

I did some research online, and found a recipe that sounded delicious. Now, this is not the most healthy recipe, but we were with family, so it was warranted.

The combination of ground pork and beef was essential, as were the spices. The gravy that it made with the cream was delicious over mashed potatoes! Norwegians know how to eat!
The starting line-up:

Here's my sister in law browning up the meat balls:


End result paired with asparagus. We LOVE asparagus around here:

I started eating before I remembered to take a picture :D

If you want to try something different, try this out!

http://www.food.com/recipe/norwegian-meat-balls-344359

No comments:

Post a Comment