Sunday, March 20, 2011

Veigel's Kaiserhoff

While visiting my parents in MN for my birthday, we all went to this cute little German town called New Ulm.

While there, we ate at this very delicious restaurant called Veigel's Kaiserhoff. I will admit, I haven't had a lot of authentic German food in my life, so I really didn't know what to expect.

My mom was raving about their ribs and their "Ray's salad". Believing my Mom, I tried the dish. It was DELICIOUS! The sauce they use was just amazing.

Days after that I couldn't stop thinking about the delicious food we had. Unfortunately I didn't buy any of the bottled sauce they served :(

Being the most wonderful Mother, she found some a couple months later in a local store and sent me some.



I bought my first rack of pork ribs and the ingredients to make the salad, and made it one night. Of course it wasn't as wonderfully good as at the restaurant, but it was still delicious. The picture doesn't do it very much justice, honestly, but here you go!



There isn't much of a recipe. Make the ribs as the package asks, basting with this BBQ goodness and enjoy. For the salad, it's simple iceberg lettuce, croutons and the dressing. That's all you need!

I still have about a half a bottle left, and you can't have any!! ;)

http://www.kaiserhoff.org/ (They don't ship it, I asked) :(

No comments:

Post a Comment